Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Dec 8, 2015

Bonjour family and friends!

This morning we went to the temple. I love P-days for so many reasons but going to the temple is definitely one of the best things. There is no better way to start a day than being in the temple. Afterwards, we were able to escape the MTC for 1 hour! I had to get a watch adjusted so they let us go down the street to the watch place. It was right across from the BYU Creamery... which was definitely a temptation. Don't worry I was very obedient and just looked at it from across the street and when I got back I got ice cream from the vending machine instead. It was nice to be outside the MTC, even if it was only for a little bit!

Wow.. I'm about half way done with the MTC! The days go by really slow here and the weeks go by really fast. It seems a little crazy that we are about half way done because I still don't know very much French. We have started teaching more lessons and I usually just say the same things in every lesson. This week my goal is to work on being able to contribute more. I can say a prayer and bear my testimony in French... so that's really all that matters right? My teacher called on me this week to stand up and recite the first vision in French. My pronunciation was a bit rough but I'm glad I did because it will be great experience for the mission field. On Sunday we had fast Sunday and it was really cool to actually be able to understand what people are saying. I can understand a lot better than I can speak. It makes me excited to see where I will be in the next three weeks! They let us watch the Christmas devotional on Sunday and it was really uplifting. I loved how much the topic of Christ being our light got brought up and how when we look at all the Christmas lights they should remind us of who is our light.

This week I have really thought a lot about receiving revelation and listening to the spirit. Revelation comes as we seek constantly to know what the Lord would have us do. It will not always come easy.. but it will always come. Most of the time we will not necessarily know with a surety that the thing we are doing is correct. However, as we take "a few steps onto the darkness," I know we will be guided and directed. Heaven knows what we need and where we need to go and therefore we won't be lead astray. Our steps will be guided as we trust in the one who is the leader of all. As we live worthy to receive spiritual guidance by keeping our covenants and the commandments we will be prompted and directed. Most of the time we won't know why we feel that we should do something until after we act upon the prompting. In some cases, we might never know why we were prompted to act. However, I know that as we are steadfast in keeping our covenants and following the example of Christ that the spirit will guide us. Happy Holidays!!

Soeur Johnson

(:Pictures are having issues this week so I will have to send some next week)

No comments :

Post a Comment