Monday, October 3, 2016

Paris & Prophets

Bonjour family & friends!

This week we were finally able to set up a rendezvous with Aude, the lady we meet a couple weeks ago..(the one who wants us to come to her beach house) She is also the one that comes with her family to our church every mothers day. We started of by talking to her to try to get to know her a little better. Come to find out, when she was younger the missionaries would come knock on her door, her dad would let them in and have discussions with them. Her dad also took lessons from the missionaries a couple years ago. It seems like the Lord has been helping to prepare her over the years. In fact, she was in London last week and happened to be right by the temple. We both feel like she is so ready to hear the gospel (she just doesn't know it yet!) She didn't have a lot of time so we just shared a video and talked about how God hears and answers our prayers. We are hoping to see her again this week or the week after and share with her the message of the restoration!

Always happy to be in Paris!

On the way home, our phone starting ringing and Sœur Méjean answered it. It only took me a couple seconds to discern who was on the other line of the phone by the look on her face. She finally has received her VISA!! Today we spent the day in Paris because she has an appointment with the US embassy tomorrow. We will find out in a couple days when exactly she will be leaving. It will probably been within the next week or two! We have had lot of fun the last 8 weeks but I'm excited for her to start a new adventure.

Sœur Méjean..the only person I know that doesn't like Paris.

This past weekend we had the chance to watch General Conference. As a missionary, it's basically like Christmas! What an amazing blessing it is to be able to get guidance and direction from living prophets and apostles. I have been able to gain a strong testimony of the reality of prophets and apostles because it is actually pretty logic. As Elder Holland says, "We believe in a God who is engaged in our lives, who is not silent, not absent." If he talked to prophets hundreds of years ago why would he stop now? He wouldn't. It wouldn't make sense. In fact, we are living in a time where we need God active in our lives more than ever. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He never changes. Therefore, he continues to do what he has always done, provide prophets who can be his mouthpiece.

P-day in Paris!

We haven't had the opportunity to watch the last session of conference yet because of the time difference but the other ones I watched were wonderful. In particular, I really enjoyed Russel M. Nelson's talk on joy. He talked about how joy doesn't depend on our circumstances, but our focus. What we choose to focus on in our lives makes all the difference. I loved when he said the Savior's joy is constant. My mission has brought me joy. Not because it's been easy, but because I get to serve to Lord. I don't think before I have ever felt the joy that I have been able to feel on my mission. I had a lot of things that made me happy, but I never felt the pure joy that comes from consecrating my life to the Savior and his work. I'm grateful for the constant joy that the Savior has provided for me! L'église est vrai. Have a great week!

Love, Sœur Johnson

No comments :

Post a Comment