Monday, October 10, 2016

The field is white already to harvest!!

Bonjour family & friends!

This week we started off by going to the US embassy! They wouldn't let me go inside with the Soeur Méjean.. So instead I sat in the park across the street and waited until she was finished. I bought myself a crêpe, sat on a park bench and read the Book of Mormon. To make it even better, the weather was absolutely beautiful! I sat there thinking about how grateful I am that I got called to the France, Paris Mission. I really feel so blessed that I have the opportunity to serve here. It was the first time I have been alone in 11 months! Lets just say that 1 hour of solitude went way too fast. If anything, it was good time to reflect on all the tender mercies and many blessings I have been given. Life can't be too bad if I find myself sitting in a park right next to Champs-Élysées, eating a crêpe, and reading the Book of Mormon! I was reminded that I definitely need to "count my many blessings." What a great way to start off a great week!

Taking a stroll on Champs-Élysées

We had a super cool miracle this week. We accidentally missed the tram stop we were supposed to get off at so we got off at the next stop and went to get back on the tram going the other direction. Right before we got on the tram I heard someone say, "Hey do you have a Book of Mormon in English?" We turned around and it was a young college student. We started talking with her and came to find out that she has seen a lot of missionaries on trams, metros etc. and is interested in religion and would like to read the Book of Mormon. She has already tried to read it in French but thinks it will be easier if she reads it in English because that's the language she does her studies in. We didn't have a English Book of Mormon with us so instead we scheduled a rendezvous for the next day. We went to her house and were able to teach her the restoration and explain the Book of Mormon. We invited her to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true! She was super open and receptive.

our cute ami Clementine!

And now for my favorite miracle of the week... Our ami Clementine (the one who went meet on the street but happened to be at the farewell for the senior couple who is now serving in Brussels) texted us Saturday night and told us that she was coming church and wanted to give us a ride! She was telling us about how she went through the Provo temple open house and said it was beautiful.  She also started talking about how her favorite temple is the Manti temple. Apparently, was she was in Idaho she really wanted to go see it so her host family said that if she read the whole Book of Mormon they would take her...So she did! She was asking US what our favorite conference talks were. She started watching conference on her own at her house! She said, "My host family says that missionaries would call me a "golden investigator". We were both like...ummm yes!! Literally, I have never meet someone more prepared for the gospel. By just talking with her, you would have no idea that she wasn't even a member! Her testimony, helps strengthen mine. Meeting people like her give me hope that there really are people prepared to hear the gospel. People like her inspire me to work a little harder, be a little better, and sacrifice a little more. "Yea, verily, verily, I say unto you, that the field is white already to harvest; wherefore, thrust in your sickles, and reap with all your might, mind, and strength." There are people that have been prepared and are ready for the gospel. The Lord has called each member of the church to participate in the "harvest." Have a great week!

Love, Sœur Johnson 

No comments :

Post a Comment