Tuesday, May 23, 2017

18 Months of Miracles!

Bonjour family and friends!

Wow, what an amazing week to finish off and an amazing 18 months. There really aren't words that can fully explain exactly how amazing this week was, but I will try my best to do it justice. Here are a couple of my favorite miracles that happened.. 

saying goodbye to Luxembourg!

This week we went and dropped off a thank you note at a members home. The transportation took a little longer than we originally expected so by the time we got there, gave her the note and chatted with her for a minute, we only had about 10 minutes before we had to head back to Luxembourg city!  I have limited time left on my mission, so we decided we would try to make the most of every minute and so we decided we would go knock on a couple doors. Before we left their home, We said a prayer with our member family and prayed that we would be able to find someone. The third door we knocked on was our miracle family! A young mom answered the door and we immediately started testifying about the plan of salvation. She was touched and said she would love if we came back next week. At the end of our conversation, she told us that she has had a lot of people in her family pass away and it has been really hard on her. The spirit was sooo strong and we were super excited to find such a cute Luxembourgish family!! We immediately ran back to our members home and told her what happened. It instantly brought tears to her eyes and we all knew that Heavenly Father had answered our prayers. I didn't realize then, but that ended up being the last door I knocked on as a full time missionary. Since coming to Luxembourg, it has been a goal to find an actual Luxembourgish family that we could teach. We even made a goal to knock on a 1,000 doors this transfer, with the hope that we would find one. Heavenly Father answered my prayer. It came the last week, of the last month of my mission- and of course, it was the last door. I now understand what Elder Uchtdorf meant when he said, "God “rewards those who earnestly seek him,” but that reward is not usually behind the first door. So we need to keep knocking. Don't give up." 18 Months of knocking on doors was worth it to find that family. Answers always come, just in God's time and God's way. 

last district photo!

We also went to Nancy, France on Sunday to watch the broadcast of the Paris, France temple dedication. We were able to watch all three sessions and it was an incredible experience! President Eyring was the member of the first presidency who came to dedicate the temple. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my last Sunday in the mission field. Elder Anderson also came and he gave his talks in french. It was really fun to hear him speak in a different language! I am impressed he still remembers how to speak french from 50 years ago. I noticed there was a common theme throughout all the talks that were given during the three different sessions. This theme seemed to go along the lines of having an eternal perspective. Which makes sense because the temple is what gives us a bigger vision of life. It reminds us that the choices we make in this life do matter and therefore we must not be casual in keeping convenants. They also spoke about how temples are lights and beacons of hope in a darkening world. The french people have been waiting a long time for a temple, but I feel like the timing of the construction of the temple was divinely inspired because now more than ever, they need hope and spiritual light. We might not understand everything in his life, but temples give us hope that their are better things to come. "9 ​But as it is written, ​​​Eye​ hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath ​​​prepared​ for them that love him." The temple has become a beacon of light here and is drawing people from all over the world to it, members and nonmembers! What an amazing blessing. 

This week just kept getting better, On Monday we went to Paris and had a Conference with all the missionaries and Elder Anderson (Member of the Quorum of the 12 apostles). We were all able to shake his hand and afterwards be taught by him. As he testified of Christ, the spirit filled the room and it was obvious that he is truly a special witness of Him. 

Tomorrow, I will be leaving Luxembourg and will be finishing off my mission by going to do a session in the Paris temple. 

I am so grateful for the many miracles that I have experienced throughout my whole mission. It has really been 18 months of Miracles. I have see the "hand of the Lord" in my life everyday. I know that Heavenly Father is actively involved in our daily lives. I know that he knows each of us personally and wants what's best for us, that's why he gave us the restored gospel. I had a testimony of these things before I left, but my mission has truly converted me. Church is true. 

Love, Sœur Johnson

No comments :

Post a Comment